11/03/2007

Coincidence?

Serendipity

Synchronicity

Heard on the radio: a man was out fishing and lost his diamond cufflinks over the side of the boat. One week later he went to his favourite restaurant and ordered a whole fish. When the fish was served, he cut it open, and his cufflinks weren’t in it.

I started this blog recently, about a month ago, and so far have included only two links, one to an artist who paints, and one to a thinker, or, more precisely, to a journal about a thinker. Both these links go to people who were born in what was then Yugoslavia. Strange coincidence.

My friend Tamara was born in London, but her mother is from Yugoslavia. I remember when Belgrade was being bombed, she said it was so close it could just as well have been Glasgow.

At the beginning of the eighties, just before I left Britain, I heard Casper Weinberger on television saying “Britain could be totally destroyed, or worse…”.

I still haven’t got my mind round it.

0 commentaires: