24/05/2007

[...] for the roses

Had the look of flowers that are looked at.

Sara just sent me an article in the Guardian arts blog that has links to Gormley and Goldsworthy. I will put it in the side bar eventually, when I have time to work out how to do it. And I will work out how to create links between words inside the blog.

When I posted "the ties that bind" I searched long and hard for a Philip Larkin poem I remembered about a bow tie walking down the street. I couldn’t find it, but found this be the verse.

Strange I never noticed him in Stevie Smith before:-

Not waving but drowning

Nobody heard him, the dead man,
But still he lay moaning:
I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.

Poor chap, he always loved larking
And now he's dead
It must have been too cold for him his heart gave way,
They said.

Oh, no no no, it was too cold always
(Still the dead one lay moaning)
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.

I'm off on holiday on Saturday, two weeks in a boat, two weeks in the great outdoors, far from blinking screens. I'll miss you.







0 commentaires: