27/09/2007

Les Granges

He who binds to himself a joy
Does the winged life destroy.
But he who kisses the joy as it flies
Lives in eternity's sun rise.


- William Blake

Rather than move the blog to another platform to implement categories, I have decided to use a method devised by another blogger (thanks will go here later) to put my writing online; separate blogs, one in English, one in French, which are shown as links in the left-hand column (Vita text). Eventually I will remove “stories” that have been posted as blog entries and generally tidy up.

Here is a tiny picture of a house I lived in when I was an English assistant in France in 1978 - don't know the date of the picture, found it on the internet. It is in a small village near Limoges, in La Creuse, called St Junien la Brégère. The lady who ran the local grocer's shop was in her eighties and assured me she had never been outside the village. In the attic of the house I found a trunk full of letters...


2 commentaires:

Adfero Affero said...

If this is it you should be able to pinpoint the house....

http://city.zorgloob.com/?ville=8231&lib=SAINT%20JUNIEN%20LA%20BREGERE

The letters in the attic sounds a bit like Gillian Tindall and her Celestine: Voices from a French village

Vita Brevis said...

Thanks, I'll look for a landmark and try it.
The book sounds interesting.